Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Loving you is cherry pie

After a brief stint in bed with strep last week, I am out and about and ready to blog!
A few Sundays ago I made a cherry pie for dessert.
 We'd had the filling since February, and every time I opened the cupboard with all our canned food it called my name.
In a subtle way that only cherry pie can.
I felt a little nervy because I hadn't made pie since jr. high. However, "Easy as Pie" must have originated from how easy pie is to make. Or maybe it was how easy it was to eat? How had I let my pie making skills deteriorate so much?!
The pie turned out marvelously.
I made some delightful whipped cream to dance across its surface, and we gobbled it up while it was still hot and gooey.
We felt like the crust was the best part; I don't know how much it was the recipe so much as the method.
I willingly took the time to refrigerate my ingrediants before I mixed them, and to refrigerate the crust for an hour after I had finished. I think this step is essential to a happy pie.
Take your favorite pie recipe, do this step, and I think you will be happy till you die.

1 comment:

Alyson said...

Happy until you die, or until you gobble it up with whipped cream. Me, I'm all about the gobbling.