Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Souper Salad

Tasty Thai  Red Curry Soup

Made this dish last night for Marianne and Lucy. I feel like even though it was my first attempt and it was super spicy and a little more curry like, than soup like, IT WAS DELICIOUS! and fast to make, dinner in minutes!

Ingredients


  • 12 ounces chow mein noodles or spaghetti

  • 1 1/2 tablespoons red curry paste

  • 2 14-ounce cans coconut milk

  • 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth

  • 2 teaspoons grated ginger - note* I just used the spice, not fresh and it turned out well

  • 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt

  • 4 ounces sugar snap peas, cut in half -note* I subbed peas with bamboo shoots

  • 4 ounces shiitake mushrooms, sliced

  • 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined - note* I subbed shrimp with red onion, Marinanne and Lucy not shirmp people.

  • 1 cup fresh cilantro leaves

Directions

Cook the noodles according to the package directions.

Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, over medium-high heat, combine the curry paste, coconut milk, broth, ginger, and salt. Bring to a boil.

Add the peas, mushrooms, and shrimp. Lower the heat and simmer until the shrimp are cooked through and the vegetables are tender, about 4 minutes.

Divide the noodles and soup among individual bowls - Note* this step is important, if you combine noodles and soup in one pot, its more of a curry pasta, but still good. Sprinkle with the cilantro.

-Love Liz

2 comments:

Alyson said...

You're saying you left the shrimp out, and put in red onions instead? Because now I can totally eat this soup. (Because I have non-chicken stock.) Though I'd absolutely have to leave off the cilantro, just typing that word makes me woozy.

Bloody Paws, Inc. said...

Alyson - that is what I am saying and it was super tasty! I admit I thought about you when I made this. Mostly about Vegas and your onion fajitas!