Monday, February 8, 2010

Love cakes {the cake}


Devil's Food Cupcakes
I keep forgetting to grab my cupcake book, on my way out, so I can provide you with this recipe.
But I KEEP forgetting.
I do that, a lot.
I forget that I put my keys in the breast pocket of my bomber jacket, and Marianne finds them 2 months later.
I forget where I put my phone, and have to buy a new one.
I will however, remember that your Dad's dad died, when, where, how, what time, and what he was wearing.
And I am working on trying not to take it personal when you don't return in kind.

So anyway, here is a little pre-view of the cake process.
it’s a little bit stuffy, and you may or may not have the most of the ingredients on hand, just depends on the kind of person you are.
{Which is not to be said judgy, like "you are not the kind of person who has semi-sweet Dutch process cocoa in your pantry at all times? Psh!}
Now let me share a story with you:
I was cooking said cupcakes, harnessing my chi, listening to a little Joshua Radin, yes life was good.
Part of not pulling my hair out every time I cook is doing the dishes while I go {completely relevant.}
Also let it be known that we have a tiny, itty, bitty excuse for a kitchen.
So Marianne comes home, and while she is trying to maneuver around all the space I am taking in the aforementioned kitchen, knocks my Cupcake book into my ready and waiting sink full of soapy water and dishes.
Now, I know very well that I have a tendency to overreact when something initially happens, and then feel profusely silly afterward because it was just not that big of a deal.
And let me just say, I love that Cupcake book. I got it with my sisters, it was on sale, I cooked cupcakes from it for people I love, or liked very much, it’s from Martha Stewart {Whom I love!}
So I may have stamped my foot and said, "No, no, no, no!" Repeatedly until Marianne picked it up from the watery hell and promised to blow dry it.
She did, and we laughed and my little ridiculousness.
The book just has a little water damage, which just gives it more personality!
And that’s my story!
-Love, Lucy.

No comments: