Monday, March 1, 2010

Colanders and a weekend.



Remember this?
Well here it finally is.
The sad thing is, the cord I use to deliver images onto my computer from the camera, is lost-ish. So that’s why I have not been blogging very much lately.
You deserve more than the grainy-ness of a camera phone picture.

Anyway, here is our colander wall; it looks better in person.

Our weekend was very productive...

Saturday I actually did yard work!
We live in a house that is divided into four apartments. We live in one of the main level apartments, which means we have both a front and a back door!
I totally revamped our back door entry: removed loads of dead leaves, removed weird random trash like a bag of cement and a barbeque grate, and discovered a nice strip of top soil for us to plant some beautiful things.
Also just outside our kitchen window is a tiny roof that collects leaves and random garbage that the people in the clown house next to us just toss up there. So I swept it off, bagged all the junk up and tossed it.

I also started spring cleaning our kitchen!
It feels good to get things organized, thrown away, and deep cleaned.
We have some good ideas for possibly stenciling our kitchen walls {not like grapes as a border, like paperless wall paper} so stay tuned for that!
Lastly, let me just say that the whole out door cleaning session was accompanied by Marianne hanging some flowers that we have been creating from plastic bottles. They are turning out simply fantastic, and we will absolutely feature them here sometime soon.

1 comment:

Alyson said...

Kudos, you guys have more colanders than I do! Can't wait to see the plastic flowers. Wish I could come to your apartment.