Thursday, March 18, 2010

Birthday paper


I got a printing by hand book from the library a few weeks ago.
It has changed my life in the best possible ways.

 
I decided to make a simple potato stamp, and make some wrapping paper for a gift for one of my friends.
I used my handy dandy new lino cutter, which we picked up from Roberts.
There was the tiniest section of speedball gear by the paints, and the information girl knew nothing about it.
While she was ringing us up I was telling her all about speedball, and the good things you can do with their equipment.
She didn't seem pleased.
After all they make their own stamps and screen printing, on a much larger scale.
Boring!

Here is the paper all printed and drying.
Apparantly, me holding a potato stamp is to Keith Richards' coconut hunting.
I dropped that stamp like four times.


Here are the wrapped shoes.
I will put on some fitting tie, and possibly a flower, because I am girly like that.
 Considering it was my first attempting into the stamping world, I am pretty pleased.