Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Curry in a Hurry

Lucy is way better about taking actual pictures of her food conquests. I however am not. 
Even so, I do still feel like you might benefit from this little Curry recipe, if you ever feel like making curry in a hurry.




Ingredients:
  • 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
  • 1 small yellow onion, thinly sliced
  • 2 teaspoons curry powder* I also add 2 teaspoons red curry paste, because I like my curry spicy
  • 1/2 cup plain yogurt
  • 3/4 cup heavy cream
  • 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
  • 1 rotisserie chicken* I feel like adding veggies. It is the only thing this is missing.
 Cooking Directions
  • Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-low heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, for 7 minutes. Sprinkle with the curry powder and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
  • Add the yogurt and cream and simmer gently for 3 minutes. Stir in the salt, pepper. Remove from heat.
  • Slice or shred the chicken, discarding the skin and bones. Divide the rice (if using) and chicken among individual bowls, spoon the sauce over the top. 

xoxo - Liz

1 comment:

Alyson said...

Mmm! I'd just need to get me a rotisserie tofu, and I'd be in business.