Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Orange and Clove Pomanders

When I think of past Christmas’s, one memeory is most prevalent. We had an oblong table (which my parents still have) that was full of delicacies we had received from various people. For a family who rarely even saw soda pop, this was extremely grand. Along with that I remember Pomanders lining the table with aromatic scents and striking designs. I also remembered last night as I was making these illustrious pomanders, that I had planned on sneaking out to see Santa that Christmas Eve night. I was going to hide out under out massive wood table. But that never happened.

Short story long, Orange and Clove pomanders are very dear to my heart.


These are very simple pomanders to create, and lend their hand beautifully to your creative mind, and all the places it can reach. The only down side is that your thumb and pointer finger get a hair achy after an hour or so of pushing the cloves through orange skins.


In my opinion, they smell marvelous and look remarkable. The process can be either tedious or cathartic, depending on if you have a billion things looming around that need to be done. Also if you have good conversation or good music to listen to while you work, the process is even more enjoyable.


Merry Christmas!
Love, Lucy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just love your postings!! The pictures are great for a phone cam. ya know. I just have to say, the jam and rolls are a. easy (jam you can do in the summer when christmas crazies are a long ways away and b. really affordable. those are strofoam plates bought in bulk for family parties. Saran wrap in 2 strips and pulled up and tied in cotton twine. I recycle cards from the year before. Use the picture side with nothing on the back. The rolls are made with ingredients on hand. Some years my neighbors get just jam. This year was a bonus year. love mom