Friday, December 11, 2009

Sofia's Chicken Paprikash


Yummy, right?
Right.
I found this recipe through MSN's cooking section delish.com via another website called eatingwell.com, and then I modified it a hair, because I am just like that.

 

*Ingredients *

 
  •  2 chicken breasts
  • [they suggest boneless and skinless, this is all good and true. We accidentally got chicken breasts with a rib. DONT due that unless the recipe calls for that. It is so nasty cutting away that bloody bone away from the already nasty chicken. Gross enough to make you go veg.]
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon pepper
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • 1 large green bell pepper, thinly sliced
  • 2 teaspoon(s) hot or sweet paprika
  • 1 1/2 cup(s) canned crushed tomatoes
  • 1/2 cup chicken broth
  • [I used bouillon, I always use bouillon.]
  • 1 tablespoon lemon juice
  • [I did fresh lemon juice, because I adore fresh lemons.]
  •  1/4 cup sour cream 
  •  2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
  • [I dont have fresh herbs on hand, and cant really afford them, so I just used the dry stuff, because its all the same to me.Thats not true, but i just tell myself that until I can figure out a way to grow herbs in my apartment during the winter.]
 
*Directions*
 
1) Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook, turning occasionally, until browned, 3 to 5 minutes. Transfer to a plate.

 
2)  Add bell peppers and onion to the pan and cook, covered, over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 5 minutes. Add paprika and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 30 seconds or so. Add tomatoes, broth and lemon juice; bring to a boil. Return the chicken and any accumulated juices to the pan; reduce heat to a lively simmer. Spoon some sauce over the chicken and cook, turning occasionally, until the sauce is reduced and the chicken is cooked through, 6 to 8 minutes.

 
3)  Remove from the heat and stir in sour cream. Serve sprinkled with parsley.
 
ENJOY!
- Love, Lucy
 


 

No comments: